Entry to SLP College is via audition.
We understand that performing can be daunting and often requires significant training, but we also look for potential in students with no prior experience who have passion and ambition to succeed. We hold auditions regularly throughout the year.
How to apply
Complete the application form on our website, including the following:
- A front facing head and shoulders passport style photograph/headshot.
- Full body photograph, wearing a leotard or shorts with tight fitting t-shirt.
- 1 reference, ideally from your dance/drama teacher or other professional that knows you well.
At SLP, we look beyond the typical candidate-qualifications and instead search for individuals who have an attitude of ambition combined with a commitment to excellence. We value those that possess both potential aptitude as well as unique personality traits, thus making talents from any background stand out before us. To ensure our rigorous standards are met—we assess prospective candidates on their level of discipline, diligence and hard work ethic.
All applicants will participate in a Ballet and Jazz classes, lead by a member of the faculty.
Students are also asked to prepare:
Level 6 Diploma in Musical Theatre:
- 2 contrasting musical theatre songs. One should be from a pre-1960 musical, lasting no longer than 1 minute each. Sheet music should be single sided, sellotaped together and backing tracks on your mobile phone.
- A monologue of your choice from a play, up to 2 minutes.
Level 6 Diploma in Dance:
- A solo dance, any style of jazz not exceeding 1 minute, music on a mobile phone.
- A solo song from a musical theatre show of any era, no longer than 1 minute. Sheet music should be single sided sellotaped together and backing track on your mobile phone.
If you are applying for both courses, you will need to perform all the solo performances, i.e. solo dance, monologue, one solo song.